The presence of organic compounds such as p-Hydroxybenzoate in the urine may point towards significant dysbiosis (=impaired microbiota). p-Hydroxybenzoat may reflect intestsinal overgrowth, usually accomanied by microbal hyperpermeability.
4-Hydroxybenzoic Acid is a marker for intestinal dysbiosis. Results may also show elevated values as a result of ingestion of foods such as jams and pie fillings containing paraben preservatives. The use of probiotics and the exclusion of paraben-containing foods is the first treatment consideration.
Take appropriate steps to ensure favorable gut microflora population.
Other ways to improve your gut bacteria:
1. Eat Lots of Vegetables, Legumes, Beans and Fruit
2. Cut out artifical sweeteners
3. Eat Fermented Foods
4. Eat Prebiotic Foods
5. Eat Whole Grains
6. Eat a Plant-Based Diet
7. Eat Foods Rich in Polyphenols
8. Avoid storing or heating food and drinks in plastic
- Bacterial metabolism and health-related effects of galacto-oligosaccharides and other prebiotics.(https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18215222)
- Fiber and prebiotics: mechanisms and health benefits (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23609775)
- Impact of increasing fruit and vegetables and flavonoid intake on the human gut microbiota (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26757793)
- Effects of non-fermented and fermented soybean milk intake on faecal microbiota and faecal metabolites in humans. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22040525)
- Artificial sweeteners induce glucose intolerance by altering the gut microbiota. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25231862)
- Whole-grain wheat breakfast cereal has a prebiotic effect on the human gut microbiota: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17761020)
- Diet rapidly and reproducibly alters the human gut microbiome. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24336217)
- Plant polyphenols as dietary antioxidants in human health and disease (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2835915/)
$79 per year
$6.60 per month billed annually
$79 per year
Save time on interpreting lab results with the largest database of biomarkers online. In-depth research on any test at your fingertips, all stored and tracked in one place.Learn More