The presence of organic compounds such as p-Hydroxybenzoate in the urine may point towards significant dysbiosis (=impaired microbiota). p-Hydroxybenzoat may reflect intestsinal overgrowth, usually accomanied by microbal hyperpermeability.
4-Hydroxybenzoic Acid is a marker for intestinal dysbiosis. Results may also show elevated values as a result of ingestion of foods such as jams and pie fillings containing paraben preservatives. The use of probiotics and the exclusion of paraben-containing foods is the first treatment consideration.
Take appropriate steps to ensure favorable gut microflora population.
Other ways to improve your gut bacteria:
1. Eat Lots of Vegetables, Legumes, Beans and Fruit
2. Cut out artifical sweeteners
3. Eat Fermented Foods
4. Eat Prebiotic Foods
5. Eat Whole Grains
6. Eat a Plant-Based Diet
7. Eat Foods Rich in Polyphenols
8. Avoid storing or heating food and drinks in plastic
- Bacterial metabolism and health-related effects of galacto-oligosaccharides and other prebiotics.(https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18215222)
- Fiber and prebiotics: mechanisms and health benefits (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23609775)
- Impact of increasing fruit and vegetables and flavonoid intake on the human gut microbiota (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26757793)
- Effects of non-fermented and fermented soybean milk intake on faecal microbiota and faecal metabolites in humans. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22040525)
- Artificial sweeteners induce glucose intolerance by altering the gut microbiota. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25231862)
- Whole-grain wheat breakfast cereal has a prebiotic effect on the human gut microbiota: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17761020)
- Diet rapidly and reproducibly alters the human gut microbiome. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24336217)
- Plant polyphenols as dietary antioxidants in human health and disease (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2835915/)
Own it for life
Our exclusive data entry service is a convenient way to get your results into your private dashboard. Simply attach an image or a file of your lab test results, and one of our qualified data entry team members will add the results for you. We support all sorts of files, whether PDFs, JPGs, or Excel. This service is excellent whether you have a lot of reports to upload or are too busy to do the data entry yourself.
We strive to make the data entry process easy for you. Whether by offering dozens of templates to choose from that pre-populate the most popular laboratory panels or by giving you instant feedback on the entered values. Our data entry forms are an easy, fast, and convenient way to enter the reports yourself. There is no limit on how many lab reports you can upload.
billed every month
Data entry included
$6.60/month billed annually
Data entry included
own it for life
Are You a Health Professional?
Get started with our professional plan
Welcome to Healthmatters Pro.
Save time on interpreting lab results with the largest database of biomarkers online. In-depth research on any test at your fingertips, all stored and tracked in one place. Learn more
Pro Monthly Plus
for health professionals
$75 per month