The 14-3-3eta protein is a marker of synovial inflammation that is released into synovial fluid and peripheral blood in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and erosive psoriatic arthritis.
- One in five RF and CCP seronegative early stage RA patients is found to be positive for 14-3-3eta protein.
- Patients with active joint RA disease have higher values of 14-3-3eta protein than those with inactive RA or psoriasis without arthritis.
- 14-3-3eta protein has a 93% specificity in patients with RA.
Unlike RF and CCP, 14-3-3eta protein is a therapeutically modifiable marker to monitor response to therapy. A decrease in 14-3-3eta protein in response to DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) and anti-TNF (tumor necrosis factor) drugs indicates better clinical outcomes; an increase is associated with worse outcomes despite apparent clinical remission.
- Values > or=0.2 ng/mL are elevated and indicative of RA disease or erosive psoriatic arthritis.
- Values >0.50 ng/mL are associated with more aggressive RA disease and poorer outcomes.
Own it for life
Our exclusive data entry service is a convenient way to get your results into your private dashboard. Simply attach an image or a file of your lab test results, and one of our qualified data entry team members will add the results for you. We support all sorts of files, whether PDFs, JPGs, or Excel. This service is excellent whether you have a lot of reports to upload or are too busy to do the data entry yourself.
We strive to make the data entry process easy for you. Whether by offering dozens of templates to choose from that pre-populate the most popular laboratory panels or by giving you instant feedback on the entered values. Our data entry forms are an easy, fast, and convenient way to enter the reports yourself. There is no limit on how many lab reports you can upload.
billed every month
Data entry included
$6.60/month billed annually
Data entry included
own it for life
Are You a Health Professional?
Get started with our professional plan
Welcome to Healthmatters Pro.
Save time on interpreting lab results with the largest database of biomarkers online. In-depth research on any test at your fingertips, all stored and tracked in one place. Learn more
Pro Monthly Plus
for health professionals
$75 per month