Bifidobacterium bacteria are regarded as a vital part to infant health. They are supposed to prevent the growth of disease-causing bacteria. Mother's milk can help increase the development of Bifidobacterium. As the microbiome matures, Bifidobacterium decreases, and although it is a genus commonly found in the adult gut, its overall level generally makes up less than 3% of an individual’s total bacterial load.
The Bifidobacterium species are non-pathogenic, and are deliberately added to some food products because of their beneficial probiotic health effects, such as:
- better lactose tolerance
- the prevention of diarrhea
- a reduction in food allergies
- the inhibition of the growth of pathogenic organisms
- Low Relative Abundances of the Mucolytic Bacterium Akkermansia muciniphila and Bifidobacterium spp. in Feces of Children with Autism [L]
- Bifidobacteria: their impact on gut microbiota composition and their applications as probiotics in infants. [L]
- Nursing our microbiota: molecular linkages between bifidobacteria and milk oligosaccharides. [L]
- The amount of Bifidobacterium has been measured at lower levels after weight-loss and gastric bypass surgery.
- Lower levels also measured in people with IBD and IBS.
- Lower levels seen in type 2 diabetes
- Lower levels seen in pediatric allergy
- Lower levels seen in autism
- Infants with lower Bifidobacterium may have increased risk for weight gain in childhood
- Increased levels of Bifidobacterium spp. have been seen in obese compared to lean/overweight subjects.
Our specialized data entry service is designed to seamlessly integrate your laboratory results into your private dashboard. Just send in your lab test results—whether it's an image or a file—and our skilled data entry team will handle the rest. We accommodate various file formats like PDFs, JPGs, and Excel.
The first report is complimentary. After that, the data entry service is priced at $15 per report, unless it's part of your subscribed plan. It's an ideal solution whether you have numerous reports to upload or if your schedule doesn't permit self-data entry.
We strive to make the data entry process easy for you. Whether by offering dozens of templates to choose from that pre-populate the most popular laboratory panels or by giving you instant feedback on the entered values. Our data entry forms are an easy, fast, and convenient way to enter the reports yourself. There is no limit on how many lab reports you can upload.
track personal results
track multiple client's results
own it for life
for health professionals
for personal lab results
own it for life
Level up your lab report analysis with our Pro plan, built for health practitioners like you.
Health Business Account
Unlock additional Pro plans when you sign up.