Kynurenic Acid is product of the metabolism of L-Tryptophan and appears in urine in Vitamin B6 deficiencies. Your body needs vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) to utilize amino acids derived from dietary protein. Inadequate vitamin B6 is one factor that leads to increased concentrations of kynurenate and xanthurenate in urine. These products of amino acid breakdown cannot be further metabolized in the absence of vitamin B6.
Research shows that kynurenic acid is low with a low protein diet and in autism spectrum disorder. Low kynurenic acid is implicated in depression, headaches, bipolar disorder, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- A high reading of this by-product of the breakdown of the amino acid tryptophan is consistent with a vitamin B6 deficiency, possible inflammatory processes, interferon-gamma stimulated macrophages or excessive tryptophan supplementation (not 5-HTP).
- Abnormally high levels can cause and increase in pain sensations and may, in multiple sclerosis patients, be a marker for an exacerbation period.
- Vitamin B6 deficiency may also result in elevated concentrations of homocysteine in blood, which leads to increased risk of heart disease.
- High levels of Kynurenic Acid can have direct effects on brain function in addition to showing a need for vitamin B6.
- High values in individuals with the yeast overgrowth syndrome may be due to yeast interference.
Our specialized data entry service is designed to seamlessly integrate your laboratory results into your private dashboard. Just send in your lab test results—whether it's an image or a file—and our skilled data entry team will handle the rest. We accommodate various file formats like PDFs, JPGs, and Excel.
The first report is complimentary. After that, the data entry service is priced at $15 per report, unless it's part of your subscribed plan. It's an ideal solution whether you have numerous reports to upload or if your schedule doesn't permit self-data entry.
We strive to make the data entry process easy for you. Whether by offering dozens of templates to choose from that pre-populate the most popular laboratory panels or by giving you instant feedback on the entered values. Our data entry forms are an easy, fast, and convenient way to enter the reports yourself. There is no limit on how many lab reports you can upload.
track personal results
track multiple client's results
own it for life
for health professionals
for personal lab results
own it for life
Level up your lab report analysis with our Pro plan, built for health practitioners like you.
Health Business Account
Unlock additional Pro plans when you sign up.