Alpha-Ketoadipic acid (or 2-oxoadipate) is an intermediate in the metabolism of lysine. It is made from tryptophan & lysine via alpha-aminoadipic acid. It is also a byproduct of yeast.
- May be secondary to high glutaric acid (check glutaric acid level)
- Impaired metabolism due to cofactor insufficiencies
- Toxic metals (As, Hg, Sb, Cd)
- Secondary to yeast or fungal infection
- Vitamins & Minerals Analysis
- Comprehensive Urine Elements Profile
- Complete Digestive Stool Analysis
- Supplement cofactors (B1, B2, B3, B5, Mg, cysteine or lipoic acid)
- Remove toxic metals (As, Hg, Sb, Cd)
- Antifungals, anti-yeast diet
- Probiotics if relevant
Get Started With Our Personal Plan
Are You a Health Professional?
Get started with our professional plan
Welcome to Healthmatters Pro.
Save time on interpreting lab results with the largest database of biomarkers online. In-depth research on any test at your fingertips, all stored and tracked in one place. Learn more
for health professionals
$45 per month