Citramalic acid and tartaric acid are yeast metabolites that are also influenced by dietary intake of fruits, wine, and sugars.
Common Dietary Sources:
Apples, cranberries, sugar beets
- Sugimoto N, Forsline P, Beaudry R. Volatile profiles of members of the USDA Geneva Malus Core Collection: utility in evaluation of a hypothesized biosynthetic pathway for esters derived from 2-methylbutanoate and 2-methylbutan-1-ol. J Agric Food Chem. 2015;63(7):2106-2116.
- Hulme AC. The isolation of l-citramalic acid from the peel of the apple fruit. Biochim Biophys acta. 1954;14(1):36-43.
- Liu H, Garrett TJ, Su Z, Khoo C, Gu L. UHPLC-Q-Orbitrap-HRMSbased global metabolomics reveal metabolome modifications in plasma of young women after cranberry juice consumption. J Nutri Biochem. 2017;45:67-76.
- Khorassani R, Hettwer U, Ratzinger A, Steingrobe B, Karlovsky P, Claassen N. Citramalic acid and salicylic acid in sugar beet root exudates solubilize soil phosphorus. BMC Plant Biol. 2011;11:121.
- Marconi O, Floridi S, Montanari L. Organic acids profile in tomato juice by HPLC with UV detection. J Food Qual. 2007;30(2):253-266.
Though often used by clinicians to gain insight into yeast overgrowth, it should be noted that fruit intake can influence levels. High levels may simply reflect a high dietary fruit intake. A high intake of sugars feeds gastrointestinal yeast, which can promote yeast overgrowth. When these markers are elevated, and dietary influences have been ruled out, a stool test may be warranted to evaluate the presence of yeast in the GI tract.
Our specialized data entry service is designed to seamlessly integrate your laboratory results into your private dashboard. Just send in your lab test results—whether it's an image or a file—and our skilled data entry team will handle the rest. We accommodate various file formats like PDFs, JPGs, and Excel.
The first report is complimentary. After that, the data entry service is priced at $15 per report, unless it's part of your subscribed plan. It's an ideal solution whether you have numerous reports to upload or if your schedule doesn't permit self-data entry.
We strive to make the data entry process easy for you. Whether by offering dozens of templates to choose from that pre-populate the most popular laboratory panels or by giving you instant feedback on the entered values. Our data entry forms are an easy, fast, and convenient way to enter the reports yourself. There is no limit on how many lab reports you can upload.
track personal results
track multiple client's results
own it for life
for health professionals
for personal lab results
own it for life
Level up your lab report analysis with our Pro plan, built for health practitioners like you.
Health Business Account
Unlock additional Pro plans when you sign up.