The biomarker 2-Methoxy-E2 is part of the phase 2 metabolism.
2-Methoxy estrogens is produced from 2-OH estrogens through the COMT enzyme. Anti-cancerogenic effects have been ascribed to 2-OH estrogensand particularly 2-Methoxy estrogens.
2-Methoxy-estrogen has shown antiproliferative effects in both hormone-dependent and hormone-independent breast cancer cells. These studies have shown that urinary 2-Methoxy estrogen levels were lower in breast cancer patients than controls.
Phase 2 metabolism (methylation):
After estrogens go through phase 1 detoxification, they move on to methylation which is part of phase 2 detoxification. Methylation, in essence, “neutralizes” the phase 1 metabolites and prepares them to be excreted out of the body instead of shuttling them back into circulation. Only 2-OH and 4-OH estrogens are methylated. 16-OH-E1 is not.
- If 2-OH and 4-OH estrogens are high, then low 2-Methoxy estrogen is likely the result of poor methylation.
- Follow your doctors methylation treatment recommendations.
- If 2/16 ratio is also low, then low 2-Methoxy estrogen may be indicating a CYP imbalance.
- Follow your doctors recommendations for improving a low 2/16 ratio.
- If total estrogen metabolite production is low, then consider direct assessment of estrogen levels.
- Ensure adequate COMT function via methyl donors such as SAMe, B12, folic acid, and B6.
- Poor cancer protection
- Associated with preeclampsia
- Generally no treatment recommended
- Ensure adequate phase II detoxification
Our specialized data entry service is designed to seamlessly integrate your laboratory results into your private dashboard. Just send in your lab test results—whether it's an image or a file—and our skilled data entry team will handle the rest. We accommodate various file formats like PDFs, JPGs, and Excel.
The first report is complimentary. After that, the data entry service is priced at $15 per report, unless it's part of your subscribed plan. It's an ideal solution whether you have numerous reports to upload or if your schedule doesn't permit self-data entry.
We strive to make the data entry process easy for you. Whether by offering dozens of templates to choose from that pre-populate the most popular laboratory panels or by giving you instant feedback on the entered values. Our data entry forms are an easy, fast, and convenient way to enter the reports yourself. There is no limit on how many lab reports you can upload.
track personal results
track multiple client's results
own it for life
for health professionals
for personal lab results
own it for life
Level up your lab report analysis with our Pro plan, built for health practitioners like you.
Health Business Account
Unlock additional Pro plans when you sign up.