The LP-IR score assesses an individual’s insulin resistance level and diabetes risk.
The Lipoprotein insulin resistance (LP-IR) score, an assessment of insulin resistance that combines the results of 6 lipoprotein particle numbers and sizes based on their differential strengths of association with insulin resistance. The results are reported on a scale ranging from 0 (most insulin sensitive) to 100 (most insulin resistant).
LP-IR Score is inaccurate if you were non-fasting.
- Opportunities for Using Lipoprotein Subclass Profile by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy in Assessing Insulin Resistance and Diabetes Prediction [L]
- Lipoprotein Insulin Resistance (LP–IR) Score vs Standard Measures of Insulin Resistance In Youth [L]
- Lipoprotein Insulin Resistance Index: A Lipoprotein Particle–Derived Measure of Insulin Resistance [L]
- Lipoprotein insulin resistance index, a high-throughput measure of insulin resistance, is associated with incident type II diabetes mellitus in the Prevention of Renal and Vascular End-Stage Disease study [L]
- CARDIAC LIFESTYLE INTERVENTIONS DIFFERING IN DIETARY STRINGENCY IMPROVE INSULIN RESISTANCE THROUGH CHANGES IN LIPOPROTEIN PROFILES [L]
- Lipoprotein Insulin Resistance Score and Risk of Incident Diabetes During Extended Follow-Up of 20 Years: The Women’s Health Study [L]
- Predicting T2D Risk Much Earlier with the LPIR Score [L]
- Elevated LP-IR levels are associated with an increased type II diabetes mellitus risk.
- The higher your number, the greater probability of insulin resistance. For optimal health you want that number lower.
- Results of various studies indicate that while LP–IR scores cannot be used as a diagnostic criteria for “pre-diabetes” or T2D, an elevated LP–IR score seems to indicate a predisposition to develop diabetes.
- Lifestyle modifications such as following a whole foods, plant based vegan diet can help to improve insulin resistance defined by LP-IR. For intervention with medication, please talk to your doctor.
$79 per year
$6.60 per month billed annually
$79 per year
Save time on interpreting lab results with the largest database of biomarkers online. In-depth research on any test at your fingertips, all stored and tracked in one place.Learn More