The LP-IR score assesses an individual’s insulin resistance level and diabetes risk.
The Lipoprotein insulin resistance (LP-IR) score, an assessment of insulin resistance that combines the results of 6 lipoprotein particle numbers and sizes based on their differential strengths of association with insulin resistance. The results are reported on a scale ranging from 0 (most insulin sensitive) to 100 (most insulin resistant).
LP-IR Score is inaccurate if you were non-fasting.
- Opportunities for Using Lipoprotein Subclass Profile by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy in Assessing Insulin Resistance and Diabetes Prediction [L]
- Lipoprotein Insulin Resistance (LP–IR) Score vs Standard Measures of Insulin Resistance In Youth [L]
- Lipoprotein Insulin Resistance Index: A Lipoprotein Particle–Derived Measure of Insulin Resistance [L]
- Lipoprotein insulin resistance index, a high-throughput measure of insulin resistance, is associated with incident type II diabetes mellitus in the Prevention of Renal and Vascular End-Stage Disease study [L]
- CARDIAC LIFESTYLE INTERVENTIONS DIFFERING IN DIETARY STRINGENCY IMPROVE INSULIN RESISTANCE THROUGH CHANGES IN LIPOPROTEIN PROFILES [L]
- Lipoprotein Insulin Resistance Score and Risk of Incident Diabetes During Extended Follow-Up of 20 Years: The Women’s Health Study [L]
- Predicting T2D Risk Much Earlier with the LPIR Score [L]
- Elevated LP-IR levels are associated with an increased type II diabetes mellitus risk.
- The higher your number, the greater probability of insulin resistance. For optimal health you want that number lower.
- Results of various studies indicate that while LP–IR scores cannot be used as a diagnostic criteria for “pre-diabetes” or T2D, an elevated LP–IR score seems to indicate a predisposition to develop diabetes.
- Lifestyle modifications such as following a whole foods, plant based vegan diet can help to improve insulin resistance defined by LP-IR. For intervention with medication, please talk to your doctor.
Own it for life
Our exclusive data entry service is a convenient way to get your results into your private dashboard. Simply attach an image or a file of your lab test results, and one of our qualified data entry team members will add the results for you. We support all sorts of files, whether PDFs, JPGs, or Excel. This service is excellent whether you have a lot of reports to upload or are too busy to do the data entry yourself.
We strive to make the data entry process easy for you. Whether by offering dozens of templates to choose from that pre-populate the most popular laboratory panels or by giving you instant feedback on the entered values. Our data entry forms are an easy, fast, and convenient way to enter the reports yourself. There is no limit on how many lab reports you can upload.
billed every month
Data entry included
$6.60/month billed annually
Data entry included
own it for life
Are You a Health Professional?
Get started with our professional plan
Welcome to Healthmatters Pro.
Save time on interpreting lab results with the largest database of biomarkers online. In-depth research on any test at your fingertips, all stored and tracked in one place. Learn more
Pro Monthly Plus
for health professionals
$75 per month