AKA: Glucarate / D-Glucaric Acid
- Urinary glucaric acid has been used as an indicator of induced hepatic drug metabolization and elevated with exposure to xenobiotics.
- Levels may indirectly represent P-450 activity or an end-product of the glucuronidation pathway.
- Calcium-D-glucarate is the calcium salt of D-Glucarate.
- Dietary glucaric acid and supplementation with calcium-D-glucarate may suppress cell proliferation and inflammation, induce apoptosis, and have anticancer properties. Glucaric acid from dietary plants may act as a nontoxic β-glucuronidase inhibitor. Glucaric acid is normally in equilibrium with D-glucaro-1,4- lactone, and an increase in dietary glucaric acid increased D-glucaro-1,4- lactone, which suppresses blood and tissue beta-glucuronidase activity. Vegetarians may have higher levels.
- It has been found increased with increased PCBs, toxins, and medications.
Glucarate helps your liver perform its important role in removing from your body many types of toxins such as pesticides, prescription drugs, food components, and intestinal bacteria.
Urinary glucaric acid has been used as an indicator of induced hepatic drug-metabolization and elevated with exposure to xenobiotics. Levels may indirectly represent P-450 activity or an end-product of the glucuronidation pathway. Calcium-D-glucarate is the calcium salt of D-Glucarate.
It has been found increased with increased PCBs, toxins, and medications.
Own it for life
Our exclusive data entry service is a convenient way to get your results into your private dashboard. Simply attach an image or a file of your lab test results, and one of our qualified data entry team members will add the results for you. We support all sorts of files, whether PDFs, JPGs, or Excel. This service is excellent whether you have a lot of reports to upload or are too busy to do the data entry yourself.
We strive to make the data entry process easy for you. Whether by offering dozens of templates to choose from that pre-populate the most popular laboratory panels or by giving you instant feedback on the entered values. Our data entry forms are an easy, fast, and convenient way to enter the reports yourself. There is no limit on how many lab reports you can upload.
billed every month
Data entry included
$6.60/month billed annually
Data entry included
own it for life
Are You a Health Professional?
Get started with our professional plan
Welcome to Healthmatters Pro.
Save time on interpreting lab results with the largest database of biomarkers online. In-depth research on any test at your fingertips, all stored and tracked in one place. Learn more
Pro Monthly Plus
for health professionals
$75 per month