Succinate (or succinic acid) is an important metabolite that is involved in several chemical processes in the body. Succinic acid is a key intermediate of both the Kreb’s cycle and the electron transport chain that generates adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the currency for most of the body’s energy transactions.
Succinate is produced from bacterial degradation of unabsorbed glutamine and is a metabolite of alpha-ketogluturate, as well as methionine, valine & leucine; precursor of fumaric acid; also formed from bacterial action on glutamine.
Low succinic acid can be due to excess aluminum in your system. Low levels may indicate the need for leucine / isoleucine supplementation.
- Impaired metabolism due to low cofactors (Fe, B2)
- Bacterial degradation of glutamine
- Dysbiosis (=microbial imbalance or maladaptation on or inside the body, such as an impaired microbiota.)
- UTI (=urinary tract infection. UTI is an infection in any part of your urinary system, your kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. Most infections involve the lower urinary tract — the bladder and the urethra.)
Deficiencies of Fe (=Iron) or B2 (=Riboflavin) or Coenzyme Q10. Clinical signs of CoQ10 and Riboflavin deficiencies include fatigue, lassitude (=lack of energy) and myocardial and neurological degeneration. CoQ10 depletion can be tissue specific.
- Vitamins & Minerals analysis
- Urinary Amino Acids test
- Investigate possible causes of malabsorption, dysbiosis or UTI
- Intestinal permeability test
- IgG food sensitivity test
- Comprehensive digestive stool analysis
- Functional liver detoxification profile
- Correct malabsorption, dysbiosis or UTI
- Elimination diet
- Supplement Fe or B2 if low
Own it for life
Our exclusive data entry service is a convenient way to get your results into your private dashboard. Simply attach an image or a file of your lab test results, and one of our qualified data entry team members will add the results for you. We support all sorts of files, whether PDFs, JPGs, or Excel. This service is excellent whether you have a lot of reports to upload or are too busy to do the data entry yourself.
We strive to make the data entry process easy for you. Whether by offering dozens of templates to choose from that pre-populate the most popular laboratory panels or by giving you instant feedback on the entered values. Our data entry forms are an easy, fast, and convenient way to enter the reports yourself. There is no limit on how many lab reports you can upload.
billed every month
Data entry included
$6.60/month billed annually
Data entry included
own it for life
Are You a Health Professional?
Get started with our professional plan
Welcome to Healthmatters Pro.
Save time on interpreting lab results with the largest database of biomarkers online. In-depth research on any test at your fingertips, all stored and tracked in one place. Learn more
Pro Monthly Plus
for health professionals
$75 per month