A healthy result should fall into the range 0 - 0 mcg/mg creatinine.
Alpha-Ketoisovalerate requires Vitamin B1, B5, lipoic acid, B2, and B3 (in descending order of significance) to be metabolized. As your food is broken down, specific compounds are formed at steps that require B vitamin assistance. a-Ketoisovalerateis one of these compounds. If these nutrients are insufficient, the keto acids may build up in the urine.
If pyruvate and α-ketoglutarate are also both elevated, then there may be a strong need for these specific nutrients since all of them utilize a dehydrogenase enzyme.
– Possible low B6; OR secondary to low branched-chain amino acids.
– If you are on Clofibrate (Clofibrate is a lipid lowering agent used for controlling the high cholesterol) this marker might have diminished sensitivity.
– Elevations can indicate insufficiency of B vitamins, especially B1 and B5. These B vitamins are involved in neurological function and are critical for childhood development and learning. A variety of disorders have been associated with lack of these vitamins, including memory loss, anemia, and dermatitis.
– Vitamins B1 (thiamin), B3 (niacin), and B5 (pantothenic acid) are necessary for energy pathways of all of the cells in your body.
– Impaired metabolism due to cofactor insufficiencies or toxic metals; OR “maple syrup urine disease” (if markedly elevated).
– Supplement cofactors (vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, Mg, cysteine, or lipoic acid); remove toxic metals (As, Hg, Sb, Cd)
$15 per monthSelect this plan
$59 per yearSelect this plan
$250 single paymentSelect this plan
Health is not exactly rocket science. You just have to know what your body needs and doesn't need. Your medical tests contain that information. Upload them to our service and we’ll help you understand, organize, and act on them.Get Started
"I was really concerned about my lab results and my GP was not able to see me for another week. Through HealthMatters I was able to interpret my results instantly."
"I've been keeping all my lab results in a spreadsheet, covering approximately 20 years. The HealthMatters team helped me upload that info into the cloud. I can show this data to my family and doctors now easily."
"I had no idea what my lab results meant. Here I found all the biomarkers that I was looking for online. Finally, I have not only organized them all neatly in one place, but I am also grateful to be able to understand what they mean."