Bismuth is found in alloys, catalysts, cosmetics, paints, magnets, ceramics, pharmaceuticals, x-ray contrast media,
and semiconductors. Bismuth is generally non-toxic, although very high levels may cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
Renal, neurological, and hematological problems have been associated with bismuth toxicity. Hair is not a sensitive
specimen for bismuth toxicity; blood and urine are most commonly used.
Alloys, catalysts, ceramics cosmetics, magnets, paints, pharmaceuticals, semiconductors, x-ray contrast media
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Possible renal, neurological and hematological problems
BAL or penicillamine for chelation
Bismuth is generally non-toxic, although very high levels may cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
Get a deeper understanding of your blood, urine, and stool test results.
$99 $79 per year
$6.60 per month billed annually
Our database has science-based research on 1500+ biomarkers.