Members of Ruminococcus sensu produce acetate, but not butyrate. Ruminococcus gnavus, like Akkermansia muciniphila is a mucin degrading specialist.
- Higher levels of Ruminococcus spp. were associated with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Increased abundance of Ruminococcus spp. has been reported in irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Ruminococcus gnavus has been found to be in higher abundance in diarrhea predominant IBS.
- Intake of resistant starch has been associated with increased levels of R. bromii.
- Reduced levels of R. bromii were observed in patients with primary biliary cirrhosis.
- Ruminococcus spp. are reportedly decreased in abundance with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- A diet rich in animal protein and fat was found to reduce the abundance of this species in human gut.
Own it for life
Our exclusive data entry service is a convenient way to get your results into your private dashboard. Simply attach an image or a file of your lab test results, and one of our qualified data entry team members will add the results for you. We support all sorts of files, whether PDFs, JPGs, or Excel. This service is excellent whether you have a lot of reports to upload or are too busy to do the data entry yourself.
We strive to make the data entry process easy for you. Whether by offering dozens of templates to choose from that pre-populate the most popular laboratory panels or by giving you instant feedback on the entered values. Our data entry forms are an easy, fast, and convenient way to enter the reports yourself. There is no limit on how many lab reports you can upload.
billed every month
Data entry included
$6.60/month billed annually
Data entry included
own it for life
Are You a Health Professional?
Get started with our professional plan
Welcome to Healthmatters Pro.
Save time on interpreting lab results with the largest database of biomarkers online. In-depth research on any test at your fingertips, all stored and tracked in one place. Learn more
Pro Monthly Plus
for health professionals
$75 per month